Thursday, September 19, 2013

Thrifty Thursdays - #11 - eBay


Every once in a while - eBay just really knocks it out of the park for me!  You may remember 2 weeks ago when I decided that flare jeans needed to have a revival.  I immediately thought I would scour eBay for some truly vintage Levi's to fit the bill.  Apparently everyone in the 70's were teeny tiny, because I couldn't find anything in my size, and most of the options came with a collector's price tag of $150+.  I remembered J. Crew had a high waisted version a few years back that I own, but have faded and are a bit tight.  I picture this go round being more of a trouser flare, so I wanted a size up version.  Lo and behold I found the same style - the "high heel flare" jean from J. Crew.  The listing was expiring within 1 hour and no one had bit on these beauties.  They still had the tags on for crying out loud!  Opening bid was $.99 - so I thought - "what the heck- this could be a great story" - I entered my bid of $.99 and an hour later, I was the proud owner of a fresh new pair of J. Crew High Heel Flare jeans for the bargain price of under a buck!  Wahoo!  


No comments:

Post a Comment